Junior Kindergarten (4's)
The goals of Compass SchoolHouse's Junior Kindergarten focus on fostering a love of learning as well as on the development of positive school experiences. As children form friendships with new classmates and teachers, they make great strides in their social-emotional development, while also being exposed to the CSH Character Development Program and its emphasis on Respect, Responsibility, Honesty, Kindness, and Perseverance (ALWAYS keep trying). Through age appropriate learning activities, children's cognitive growth is also encouraged and supported.
Our Junior Kindergarten curriculum is designed for Kindergarten readiness based on developmentally appropriate practice and includes the following learning areas:
- Physical Development
- Gross Motor Development
- Fine Motor Development
- Social and Emotional Development
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
Children must be 4 years old by October 1st to enroll in the Junior Kindergarten class.
Class Options (3 half day minimum - however, number of days is flexible):
- Flexible choice of days
- 3 half days - morning or afternoon - Monday through Friday
- 4 half days - morning or afternoon - Monday through Friday
- 5 half days - morning or afternoon - Monday through Friday
- 2 half days & 2 FULL days (FULL days offered Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday)
- 3 half days & 2 FULL days (FULL days offered Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday)
- AM 8:45 - 11:30 - Monday through Friday
- PM 12:30 - 3:15 - Monday through Friday
- FULL DAY 8:45am - 2:45pm (Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday)
ADD FLEX TILL 4
- 2:45 - 4:00
- Offered Monday through Friday
- Choose the days that work with your schedule
- An optional 75 minutes of ‘structure with flexibility’ including gross and fine motor activities in a relaxed environment.
Complementary Valet Service
Compass SchoolHouse provides a driveway drop-off and pick-up service for our Junior Kindergarten students, fostering a sense of independence. Children are escorted from and to your car, eliminating the need for you to park and walk your child to the door.