Character Counts Program
At Compass SchoolHouse we teach children to learn how to learn.
Via our Character Counts Program the CSH staff seeks to work closely with families to instill the building blocks of character development by teaching the following virtues:
- Perseverance (Always Keep Trying!)
The teaching elements of our curriculum include:
- Classroom discussions about our virtues
- Activities that focus on our virtues
- Recognition of children whose actions demonstrate our virtues
- Books and music to coincide with our virtues
- Giving back to our community
Our curriculum activities are play based and create an atmosphere of acceptance, compassion for self and others, and child empowerment.